Here we go.

24 April 2010

Piecemeal

Re: iPad. In short, I love it. Before I even had it in my possession, folks talked at me about the damn thing without even having laid eyes on it, telling me about all of their doubts & just straight hatin'. It was very frustrating because, well, I pre-ordered one & it was on it's way from The China. I actually started second guessing my decision (& some friendships! J/K), but, frankly, the 'pad has taken care of all of my needs and then some. I really adore the streaming of movies & some useful apps, like Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything & the Epicurious recipe collection. It is very weird, however, to get used to not working with a mouse and there is no Flash Player, which can be utterly upsetting when you want to watch StSanders Queen video, but overall I'm very happy. I can transfer all of my data from my wheezing, dying laptop and not have to suffer a complete loss.

Speaking of loss, my phone died. It actually gave the blue screen of death while I was eating pho with ATM; I saw it happen in the corner of my eye whilst face-deep in a bowl of soup. After supper, we rushed over to my provider to get a new phone, you know, just in case you called. It's infuriating for a phone to die prematurely, especially if you are in contract and you just have a couple of months to go before you are eligible for a free or discounted phone. Getting a phone outside of your contract is pricey. Thankfully the salesman was "feelin' me" & proved himself helpful. He suggested that I purchase a Go Phone, stick my sim card in it & ride out the rest of the contract. It saved me so much money. The phone, however, is complete hilarity. It just makes calls & is text capable. There's no outer screen or camera. It weighs practically nothing, so it feels like a toy. It's so "outdated" that I can barely use it with ease. It actually makes me feel like a primate. It calls for juxtaposition.

Yesterday:
Photobucket
Today:
Photobucket
Yesterday:
Photobucket
Today:
Photobucket

Photobucket
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday before last, we found ourselves in Memphis. Acid Mothers Temple was there @ the Hi Tone. It was one of those mind-blowing "you had to be there" moments. Maybe these photos will kinda help:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
------------------------------------------------------------------
ATM's listening party was outstanding! All parties involved did some extensive planning and execution. Everyone really wanted his event to be some kind of special. The building's wards set up a tiiiight dance area, there was a stocked bar (with a barkeeper & everything!) & I ran a curry stand. It worked out nicely for all, I think. I sold most all of the curry & Vietnamese coffees that I had on me & now have a little cash for the next project. Special thanks to ATM's mum & stepfather for their support!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ha, I know it looks a little piecemeal, but that's because it was. No disposable flatware, glassware, plates or bowls were used! That and really good food & drinks is a point of pride.
Photobucket

Partial Zach, Keiko & Heather! <3:
Photobucket

Ha, Naaaaaate:
Photobucket

Folks:
Photobucket
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than getting to hear a sonic boom for the first time on Tuesday, this week hasn't yielded too many mentionables. Oh, I got to have dinner with Leigh, Keiko & Heather, AT THE SAME TIME, which is akin to planetary alignment, no thanks to our opposite schedules & lifestyles. Oh, and I learned that I get a Spring Break! of sorts during the first week of May. What the hell am I going to do? Since ATM won't be able to take some time off, I should probably take on a big personal project. Or I could learn to relax. Like come up with the ultimate lazy(wo)man's schedule; wake up "whenever", go get a coffee, eat, read, nap & eat.

I'm currently having an awkward Saturday. KMHD & I went to the beauty shop, had brunch @ B Side & went to the Indian grocery store, all before noon. When I got home, I couldn't make one fucking decision on anything. "I don't know what I want to do." "I don't know what I need to do." "I just don't know." See, we had planned on camping this weekend, but the weather was bad. Now it's perfect. So, that's frustrating. The yard is too soaked to do any work on it and, well, we just don't have any plans. Frankly, I don't feel like organizing a get together because that takes time, sometimes $$$, oh, and someone who can make a decision or three. NOT IT! It's a weird state for me to be in because I'm usually busy. Always. We thought we might go hiking, but it'd probably start storming as soon as we got there, so we axed that idea. So, here I am, catching up on my blogging. Ha, if it seems a little piecemeal, that's because it is.

I guess we did make one decision. Since I've been emboldened by my recent culinary success, I'm going to make homemade fish tacos for supper.



THE PRIDE
Photobucket

Someone had a dip this week. It was me!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Secretary's Day:
Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive